Skip to main content

Dab Herb Makeup and Skincare. An Organic Etsy Shop


Dab Herb Makeup and Skincare (https://www.etsy.com/shop/DabHerbMakeup) is my favorite makeup shop offered on Etsy. Crissy, the shop owner, prides herself in offering effective, organic, food-grade ingredients and healthy, responsible containers to store her products in. Her glowing reviews on her shop speak for themselves. Here, the quality is evident and the products work. Her customer service is also remarkable. When I wear makeup, I find myself mostly wearing products from this shop. Let's take a look at Dab Herb's makeup which I purchased.


Pictured above is the Organic Herb Foundation. This is my favorite foundation and it offers excellent coverage. For daily wear, I usually prefer less coverage, but when I want to get all glammed up this is my go-to product. It is blendable, buildable and my ideal foundation. The price is great especially considering the organic, food-grade ingredients that were carefully selected to give you unbeatable natural beauty. When compared to my beloved Sappho Organics foundation, this one is not only healthier, but the price is much more affordable. I absolutely love the glass container that it comes in. The quality and ingredients of her products, along with those from Prana Potions Apothecary (another shop I reviewed), are unsurpassed in this market.


The Petal Tinted Moisturizer pictured above is such a lovely product! I ordered the neutral shade. It is really nice! This is perfect for everyday makeup and is one I keep going back to whenever I put on makeup. I can't believe how blendable, smooth and moisturizing it is! This is definitely one of my top three products from her shop. I wear this more often than her foundation, because I like a more "my skin, but better" look. This compares to the old Sappho Organics foundation, which used to be my favorite, because if offers similar coverage. I absolutely love how it makes my skin feel and the adorable glass container, too. Glass is the only way to go for me if I can help it. The more I use it the more I love it and you really cannot beat the price!


Pictured above is Dab Herb's Petal Translucent Powder. It is finely milled and made of flower petals (a really neat, natural concept, huh?). As one of the healthiest powder options out there I had to try some out for myself. This is a wonderful, easy to use product that I find myself often reaching for. It really does a great job at reducing shine and giving you a more matte look. I got the original shade and it works perfectly for my skin tone. It does not wash me out or give me a white or grey cast, unlike other natural makeup I have tried. I mistakenly purchased the original shade in the original plastic jar (oops), so I will be purchasing this product again in the glass container again when I run out and then purchase the refill baggies. It is great to have these different options to meet different budgets and needs.


The Petal Concealer. I really like this concealer. The more I wear it the more I like it. It covers well, is smooth, blendable, buildable and leaves a non-cakey finish. It does a good job covering acne, dark eye circles, and any other imperfection I can think of. Sometimes, I do notice creasing under my eye, but for the quality and healthy ingredients, that is an easy enough problem to fix. Just swipe under your eye once and I have not noticed this to be a reoccurring issue.


The Organic Color Corrector (turmeric option) shown above has quickly become a favorite. I mistakenly purchased the turmeric option instead of the annatto version for dark circles, which initially disappointed me. However, when I used it I was really impressed! In fact, this product is in my top three from this shop. It covered my redness and evened my complexion perfectly. It did not do a bad job reducing my dark circles, either, especially paired with her concealer. I have not broken out with acne since using this product, so the acne benefits have definitely been evident for me personally. My initial mistake was most definitely a blessing in disguise. This turmeric option matches my skin tone, so I could literally wear this on my imperfections and Dabherb's Petal translucent powder (or Prana Potion's Healing Foundation Powder) on top of it and I would be happy! This is such a versatile product! It has won me over and I will forever be buying this product as long as it is offered.


Dab Herb's Organic Face Lumizer shown above is the lightest shad offered. I absolutely love the glass containers. They are so adorable! This highlight is natural and so gorgeous. I even like wearing it as an eye shadow. I would love to try the darker shade (baby bronze) out as an eye shadow sometime, too. I highly recommend this product. Compared to my more blazing highlight from a different company (Root Cosmetics, which I also love, but for different reasons), this one looks natural and so beautiful, which is the way I want it to look. You probably could build it up for that blazing highlight if you wanted, but I want to look like me, but better, which is why I invested in this one. Also, being in cream form, it is much healthier for our lungs than powdered highlights. Don't hesitate to try it out! It creates the perfect natural highlight to compliment your natural beauty.


The Organic Herb Eye Shadow  in the color foti is pictured above in its full-size container. I also received my requested blue eyeshadow (indigo) as a sample and adore it! I love the natural ingredients, the great pigment, and that I don't have to worry about toxic ingredients being so close to my eyes, which tend to be very sensitive. I will be purchasing the full size in the blue color (indigo) and her other shades as they are a great alternative to store-bought eye shadows and even those from other natural makeup shops. I do find that it sometimes creases, but again, I have not found this to be too much of an issue for me personally. I would rather minor creasing than toxic products any day! When combined with my other eye shadow favorite from Prana Potions Apothecary (the cocoa pod bronzer/ eye shadow), the creasing tends to not be so apparent and they compliment one another quite well. The cocoa pod bronzer + eye shadow is a lighter shade, while the foti eye shadow is a bit darker in color.


Dab Herb's relatively new Organic Lip gloss above has quickly become a great inclusion to my makeup routine. I have to say, this product is such a neat concept. The glass containers really appeal to me and the metal roller bottle is so smooth. Unfortunately, I don't believe this is currently offered in her shop anymore, regardless of it being a new product. I like how easy it is to apply and that it offers great pigment. I do need to apply it more often then her Organic Root Lip Tint (which I also love, but unfortunately doesn't come in glass ;). However, the color payout seems to be more wearable for me and my complexion than the lip tint, so I truly hope she brings it back.

Overall, Dab Herb Makeup and Skincare is an excellent choice if you care about looking great and being healthy. Created to offer quality and the inclusion of some fantastic organic ingredients, these products are backed up by incredible reviews. These are safe, healthy, organic products that you can rely on. I have yet to try some of her other products, especially her skincare products, but I hope to do so soon. One makeup product I would LOVE to try out eventually is her Organic Powder Mascara set, which doubles as mascara and black eyeliner!

Tell me what you think about Dab Herb Makeup and Skincare! https://www.etsy.com/shop/DabHerbMakeup

Comments


  1. Wow, The blog looks great. Thanks for sharing the information with us. You can also visit hauteher skin care tips for ladies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Menstrual Sponge Tampons

Sponges purchased at Poseidon Sponges via Ebay.  www.poseidonsponge.com This next blog post has long been over due. I was meant to write reviews about a variety of menstrual items that I purchased last year, but then became pregnant! While I was able to test out many of the items I will be reviewing, one I was not able to. However, this particular post will focus on the sponge tampons, which I have used and have come to love. The sponges that I purchased are from a company called Poseidon Sponges, located in Greece. I made this purchase via ebay and chose this company's sponges over other sellers, due to price, quantity, the fact that they have strings attached to the sponges (makes removing them a breeze!), they came in a variety of sizes, and they came with tea tree oil cleaner. Please note that I am not affiliated with this company in any way and am not writing this post to endorse them in any way. I just to let my readers know what options are out there. Upon receivin

Living An Organic Lifestyle: The Hunt for Organic, Non-toxic Makeup.

Two years ago, I quit wearing makeup due to health and financial reasons. I had learned about the toxic effects that mainstream makeup can pose for one's health and it made me take a careful look at what foods I ate, cosmetics I used, and chemicals I subjected my family and I to. For someone who practically depended on makeup to make me look better than I felt, as I live with a chronic illness, it was challenging to muster up positive self-esteem some days. I began to look as poorly as I felt. As time passed, I began researching organic makeup. As living an organic, healthy lifestyle became so important to me, I knew organic makeup was the way to go. In addition to this requirement, I didn't want any makeup that contained toxic ingredients or that contained ingredients that I was not comfortable with, such as hydrogenated oils. I began my hunt for organic, non-toxic makeup armed with the realization that not all organic makeup is created equal or avoids the use of potent